Welcome

Welcome to The Blessed Mom Blog! Where you can find tips, insights, Biblical truth, encouragement, links to great resources, as well as book, movie and video game reviews all for moms of faith.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nothing New Under the Sun...or Moon


 ‎"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness...." Isaiah 5:20 Being a parent is hard, and being a christian parent sometimes has greater challenges. Our world is changing and although "there's nothing new under the sun"(Eccl.1:9), America has changed over the last thirty years and it's going in the wrong direction if you ask me. As believers we are called to a higher standard and that includes our decisions as parents. I have a daughter that is a "tween" she is the typical 11 year old  girl -in that she likes to read, paint her nails, do her hair and watch chick flicks, but she doesn't read the "Twilight" saga or watch the movies. It's a decision I made as a parent and I'm sticking to my guns. I did not gain this wisdom on my own, it comes from the Word of God. We should not expect non-believers to understand or believe what we do, but we should live out our faith no matter what. Our children are watching, and we should treat God's word as absolute truth, it contains boundaries He has set for us. I'll post a link to a you-tube video of Mark Driscoll talking about this very subject. I hope you'll watch it and pass it on. 

1 comment:

  1. That's my little girl. Congrats on the new blog. You are the most beautiful and precious daughter
    and a wonderful mom to my grandkids.

    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete